Extravagant, community-based and non-commercial, the Phenomenal Parade is a biannual event, as well as a public and artistic occupation of public space. All are invited to take part in this grand, creative, colorful and vibrant event. Phenomena Festival has once again partnered up with Urban Fairy Patsy Van Roost — together, we would like to invite YOU to be at the heart of the parade.
Get creative, make a costume and join one of the seven thematic parade blocks. If you are looking for costume inspirations and would also like to share your creative process, join the different Facebook groups for each parade block:
- Birds: hues of blue and violet
- Flowers: hues of red and pink
- Spirit of the forest: hues of green and brown
- Steampunk: hues of black and bronze
- Celestial bodies: hues of yellow and silver
- Walking museum: all colors
- Imaginary animals: all colors
Quite a few community, artistic and citizen-based organizations will be taking part in these parade blocks: housing co-ops Santisouk and La Collective; Dans la Rue; Le Centre d’art parallèle d’apprentissage; the Mile End, Yéléma and le Milieu Art-Hives; la Petite Maison de la Miséricorde, primary school Lambert-Closse, Spectrum Productions, Singa, Oasis Bellechasse, the Ouf! Festival Off Casteliers, etc.
- Video excerpt — Phenomenal Parade 2017
- For more information on Phenomenal Parade
- Phenomenal Parade 2019 — 7 thematic parade blocks (pdf)
The festivity will include street artists and marching bands, and will wrap up at the gathering point with a music show for all!